The Future of Agriculture is in Cannabis
The future of agriculture is indoors and the massive investments into the Cannabis industry will be instrumental in bringing about this paradigm shift. In our quest to revolutionize the $8T Industrial Agriculture market we are focused on owning the Indoor / Controlled Environment Ag (CEA) market. To be the leader in CEA we will first capitalize on the growing legal Cannabis sector - positioning ourselves to capture a large market share in the professional Cannabis cultivation space with our Batch: 64 brand – a line of growing media and cultivation technologies designed specifically for the needs of the commercial cannabis cultivator.
Batch: 64, sold in 15 states, is our #1 selling brand and has a strong market position in Colorado. Our near term goal is to launch additional products under the Batch: 64 brand, including a new fertilizer and nutrients line.
Why Waste Farmers?
Waste Farmers is a certified B-Corp, putting people, planet and profit on equal footing in our business. Waste Farmers is also working towards a full implementation of “Teal” management - reducing hierarchy and increasing employee empowerment. We are looking for people who want to have fun, work hard, and making a difference through their work. We are setting out to build a company that will be here in 100 years – a Redwood. – and we are looking for the best possible people to help shape and drive the work that we do and our purpose for being.
We are looking for a motivated sales professional with both B2B sales experience and knowledge of the cannabis industry to join our high-performance start-up team to develop our Batch:64 brand and sales in markets outside of our home market of Colorado. Strong candidates will have experience fulfilling various roles in the sales cycle, including Field Sales, Lead Gen, and Account Management.
To be successful in this role you should be highly independent while also working well with a team, you should have a sense of adventure, be a problem solver, and you should see doing anything that isn’t a challenge as a waste of time! To be successful you will need to be passionate about creating an amazing company focused on providing the best products and services to our customers.
- Lead Gen – Research and become an expert in the current cannabis landscape in your market, build relationships with decision makers, build target lists, make appointments and open doors to potential customers
- Field Sales – Through relationships and lead gen, work with qualified opportunities to identify needs/opportunities and propose Batch: 64 based solutions
- Close New Customers – Convert qualified opportunities to customers. Revenue generation is the #1 goal of your role
- Account Management – Proactively manage relationships with converted customers to drive re-orders and drive customer retention
- Brand Evangelist – Represent the brand in a professional manner and build brand and product excitement through creative marketing and sales events and tactics to drive sales and market penetration
- Maintain a current knowledge of all aspects of the industry, a solid understanding of competition and communicate market trends that drive proactive business decisions
- Report and meet sales quotas and performance Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
- 5+ years of sales experience in a quota driven outside sales role
- Experience with Direct sales is preferred, experience with both Direct and Retail Channel sales is a plus
- Experience in the Cannabis industry in your regional market is highly preferred
- Previous experience in a startup environment
- Horticulture/growing experience is a huge plus
- Reliable transportation, driver’s license and excellent driving record
- Ability to travel on a regular basis including overnight and/or weekend travel
- Experience with Salesforce CRM is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
To apply, please visit this link: http://bit.ly/2rCtnxs
Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you!