- Use passion to fuel change, allow imagination to drive it, and take pride in the vessel.
- Don’t be afraid to take the contrarian point of view.
- Believe there is more than less but trust that less is more.
- Don’t be “right,” seek truth.
- Strength through diversity, life builds life.
- Trust your gut, listen, and always ask questions.
- Civil disobedience through self-reliance.
- The only productive move is to move forward.
- Power ceases in the instant of repose.
- Take time for tea.
Waste Farmers is a next-generation, sustainable agricultural company focused on helping humanity meet current and future food demands while decreasing agriculture’s environmental footprint.
For our company, as with life, it begins and ends with the soil. One of the tenets of the great agrarian society that Thomas Jefferson envisioned was rooted in the belief that the cultivation of the soil provides direct contact with nature. It is in this reconnection where we see hope for the future. It is here we are reacquainted with the notion that we are part of the natural system and not removed from it, and where we seek to learn from nature, rather than find ways to extract from it.
Increasing population and consumption are placing unprecedented demands on agriculture and natural resources. Meeting current and future global food needs while simultaneously reducing agriculture’s environmental harm will be the greatest challenges of the 21st century and perhaps in history. These challenges, while daunting, will also serve as an opportunity for companies to innovate and bring promising solutions. Waste Farmers is one of the companies that will help foster agricultural systems that meet the world’s future food demands while shrinking agriculture’s environmental footprint.
We started with $9,000 and a belief that idealism and capitalism can coexist. Today Waste Farmers has evolved into an innovator respected by leaders in the global community for developing simple solutions to the complex problems of modern agriculture and food security.